Goodrich Actuation Systems has decades of experience supplying industry leading flight control systems.
Recent programmes incorporating Goodrich actuation are:
- Airbus A320 New Engine Option
- Airbus A350 XWB
- Airbus A380
- Airbus A400M
- Boeing 787
- Bombardier CSeries
- Irkut MC-21
- Lockheed Martin F35 Lightning II
- Mitsubishi Regional Jet
Goodrich Actuation Systems employs hundreds of engineers globally in order to both develop new products and support our large portfolio of current/legacy projects. Our dedicated research and technology team keep us ahead of the competition, ensuring our new products are at the cutting edge of actuation.
Our industry leading engineering team coupled with the Goodrich lean culture and our product introduction process enables us to provide superior products to meet the most challenging of customer requirements at a minimum cost and weight. Our engineering capability considers all aspects of the product lifecycle, from conception, through product introduction into in-service support and obsolescence management.
Our engineering expertise allows us to take full system responsibility, producing highly integrated aircraft solutions including all hardware, electronics and software from the pilot controls through to the surface actuators. By developing a close working relationship with our customers and their engineering teams we ensure our system expertise translates to the optimum solution for the aircraft.
Training and development of our employees is integral to the Goodrich “Fastest Improver” strategy, enabling us to maintain our position at the forefront of aerospace actuation. Goodrich Actuation Systems is committed to developing the best engineers as demonstrated by our Industrial Placement scheme and institutionally accredited Graduate Development Programme.
Our engineering capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements Definition and Management
- System Design
- System Performance Analysis
- Reliability, Maintenance and Safety Analysis
- Mechanical Hardware Design
- Electrical Design
- Stress Analysis
- Product Development and Verification
- Technical Leadership and Engineering Management
Our product catalogue includes, but is not limited to:
- Aileron actuation
- Elevator actuation
- Rudder actuation
- Trimmable Horizontal Stabiliser actuation
- (Multi Function) Spoiler actuation
- High Lift actuation
- Thrust Reverser actuation
- Power Door Operating System actuation
- Helicopter Main Rotor actuation
- Helicopter Tail Rotor actuation
- Utility actuation
- Weapons Bay Door actuation
- Missile Guidance actuation
- Variable Area Fan actuation
- Landing Gear actuation