As a world leading supplier, Goodrich Engine Components produces essential drive system components for military and commercial customers. Couplings used on some of the largest industrial equipment are also produced by Goodrich.
Drive Shafts and Couplings
Goodrich Engine Components produces flexible drive shafts and couplings for aircraft, marine and industrial power transmission. With over 50 years' experience, we are the industry leader in providing lightweight, highly reliable, flexible power transmission shafts and couplings for fixed and rotary wing aircraft throughout the world. More than 147,000 aircraft shafts and couplings are flying on over 65 different airframes.
Additionally, over 20,000 industrial couplings are in use world-wide. Couplings are used in petrochemical, power generation and marine propulsion applications transmitting power while accommodating angular misalignment and axial displacement from the mating machinery.
Benefits and Features
- Diaphragm flexures designed for infinite life
- Lightweight, one-piece welded construction, impervious to fretting
- Unique manufacturing and test capability (including high-speed balance)
- Lowest direct operating cost
- Electro-chemical machining and electric beam welding
- Support equipment design and build capabilities
- Highly reliable, with over one million hours mean time between failures
- Supercritical operating speed capability