Hurricane Mesa Test Facility (HMTF)
The Hurricane Mesa Test Facility (HMTF) is owned and operated by Goodrich. Located atop Hurricane Mesa near St. George, Utah, HMTF’s 12,000-foot track is fully capable of handling propulsion velocities exceeding supersonic and is the nation’s only privately-owned test track of its kind.
HMTF is completely self-sufficient and contains everything needed for extensive test programs of all types. No other domestic test track can equal its remoteness, privacy, security and on-site facilities. This facility includes the following features and capabilities:
- Master control and telemetry system receiving stations
- Standard and high speed photographic processing with numerous camera stations for real-time read out and data collection
- Water break arrestment and communications system
- On-site fabrication, control center, and approved explosives storage bunkers
- 6,000-foot landing strip with improved surface